Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Crafty Supplies


I visited a friends house last night and she gave me a whole bunch of craft items that may prove useful in my art endeavors.
I have been working on one card but as I didn't plan it, it hasn't quite turned out the way I wanted. The pattern I used was not quite sturdy enough for a stencil design.
I am planning to make at least 5 Eid cards for friends and family, although Eid is only about a week away. Maybe I will keep it simple and do some small calligraphies on the front of the cards.
I am yet to finish my red calligraphy peice. As I am not an arabic speaker sometimes I need assistance on the spelling of certain words. 'Mubarak' was a word that stumped me until someone told me that I had to take off the suffix of the M and look under baraka in the dictionary! I really do need to brush up on my arabic. Intent on finishing the red peice tomorrow.
Peace.

No comments: