Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fleeting Creativity


Sometimes, I just don't know where the creativity goes... one day your sure its there and you live and breathe it, then the next morning its gone. Maybe its the lack of stability in my life at the moment. I have always needed to create a space in which to work before my work really flows, I wonder if its like that for most artists or if it can just come no matter where you are and how you are set up. Sometime I do think I am spoiled for thinking like that as there are many artists who do not have that luxury.
It has been a rather confusing and strange time in my life recently, I'm guessing my emotional and mental state has also put a halt to my creative juices flowing.
One way I try to get myself back into art mode is leafing through arts magazines, being inspired.
I did get to purchase my favorite Australian magazine whilst in Abu Dhabi airport the other day, Vogue Living, a perfect mix or art,design and architecture.
Another magazine I picked up not too long ago was Canvas (Art and culture from the Middle East and Arab World) October 2008 has an awesome cover! its a close up of an artwork of Hossein Zeneroudi.
and lastly one that may not dazzle you always but has its moments, Elle Decor.
Maybe in the next week I can be inspired to make something wonderful!
ciao

No comments: